Saturday, February 21, 2009

'Am planning a trip

I see Patty and Barb, are planning trips to Samoa. I am too, but probably not going until late August. Marija, maybe you are planning a visit there too. Manaia, have you been there, and if so, do you have any recommendations or advice?

Have you seen the Air New Zealand airfare deals (link below)? Under the New Zealand and Australia headings, I have found that a ticket that includes Samoa, New Zealand and Australia from L.A., actually costs less than a ticket to Samoa alone. I think we are going to take advantage of that, at least for the New Zealand option. I thought I would mention the offer in case it interests you and you have not booked your flights yet.

Barb, since Sara has been in Samoa for some time, perhaps you have already been there for a visit. If so, do you have any advice on visiting Samoa?

Manaia, I am working on some basic Samoan words like those for please, thank you, hello, good bye etc. My favorite is tulou, which I gather I can use for "excuse me".

I'm pretty nervous about those giant centipedes. YUCK!


http://www.airnewzealand.com/bookings/airfares-deals/default.htm

6 comments:

Barb Carusillo said...

We have had our flights confirmed for awhile, going through a travel agency. Our cost will be around $1,900.00 round trip for each one of us, and we are doing two weeks Samoa, a week New Zealand. So, no, this will be our one and only trip, first, because getting that much time off of work all at once is almost impossible, and second, it is a bit pricey. We are very much looking forward to it though!

marija said...

Hi Jane and all...
we are planning a trip to Samoa in May but detales are not finalized jet. I am glad you included the link to New Zealand Airlines.
On another subject, I also mailed a package to Koa on Saturday with no problems, there was no mail suspention.
Marija

Barb Carusillo said...

We will be there when you are there Marija. Did you get your immunizations yet? Right around now is when you want to start working on that bit, I bet you know. We found out there is quite a price differential on the cost of them depending on where you get them. I would recommend calling around. Our doc reccommended a place in town that specializes in immunizations for travel, so my husband set up an appointment, and the bill was over $600.00 for just him! We need Hepatitis A and B, and typhoid they said. I called around, and I am getting mine through the State Board of Health for Hepatitis A and the VNS (Visiting Nurse Service)for the typhoid for just $225.00 total. I already had Hep B through my job, but now I find out that hep B is not really essential either. What are you going with?

marija said...

Hi Barb, I know about the immunzations, I work for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health-Immmunization Program.
We both had Hep A, and B and my husband aslo had typhoid (he traveled to Niger last year). I need to get typhoid only.
Than we will meet in Samoa...
Marija

Barb Carusillo said...

Well definitely, you know about the immunizations! It's all new to me, the furthest out the country I have been is the Canadian side of Niagra Falls. Does that even count?!

Barb Carusillo said...

Definitely you know about immunizations!! It is all new too me, the furthest I have been out of the country is the Canadian side of Niagra Falls, which doesn't really count I don't think.