Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hello

Hello, or better said "Malo" friends and family of Peace Corps Samoa staff.

My son Paul, recently arrived in Samoa as part of group 81 joining those in earlier groups. Since learning he was headed for Samoa, I have been busy looking at sites and blogs to learn more about Samoa, Peace Corp activities there and such. In doing so, I read the volunteer staff blogs and came across one for parents of group 75, which I have enjoyed. It had useful information on long distance calling options, international mail as well as news regarding visits to Samoa.

I thought the idea of a site for friends and family was such a good one, I decided to give it a try for friends and family of any group members there now (and perhaps as a point of reference for folks in our circumstance in the future).

As those on the homefront, we might come together in our support and interests in our fine PC volunteers through this site. Hopefully, you will enjoy having this place to share information & communication.

I look forward to "meeting" you.

2 comments:

marija said...

Hi Jane,
my name is Marija, I am Igor's (Koa's) mom. We live in Amherst, MA. I read all the bloggs from group PC 81 regulary and some of the others.
Your package description was so familiar,so similar to mine it is hard to belive. Please continue writing ...
Marija

Karen said...

Hi Jane,
My name is Karen. I am Erin's mom. We live in Sanger, TX...just north of Dallas. I also enjoy reading the blogs written by the volunteers in Samoa. It makes me feel closer to Erin...as I am missing her alot. It's been almost 6 months now.! We are going to visit in June and I am very excited. I am having some difficulty getting hotel reservations. I'd love some advice.
Thanks for writing...